{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Sunday 1 November 2009

Decorating




So sorry I have not blogged much recently. I have been decorating the living room, and what seemed a small job seems to have gone on for ages. It's the domino effect!! I was given a chest of drawers and I wasn't sure about the colour, but I needed more storage space in the living room, so I painted it. Even with good paint it took 3 coats. I'm pleased with the result though, and I now have a great place to store the grandchildren's toys and games, plus pens and paper etc. I will never have to hunt for a pen again:) All the DVD's fit in there too, and the remote controls will have a home. The fireplace was to be a quick job. Or so I thought. I sprayed it with 3 coats of Plastikote stone effect paint. It gave it a nice texture, but it didn't seem scratch proof and I didn't like the colour, so I did a top coat of satinwood silk. It's a lovely finish, and looks much like stone, but a far cheaper option. It's all taken me ages. I have painted 3 walls with Crown "on the rocks" (gorgeous colour on) and just have the last wall to paper. I got some lovely Laura Ashley paper, £20 a roll, reduced to £1 a roll in the sale :) You gotta love a bargain- especially a quality one! So that's what I've been up to. No time to scrap with all my lovely new stash. I'm looking forward to our crop class, felt covers for books on 14th November. There are still a few places so contact me if you are interested.

No comments: