{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Altered Scrapbook
















We had a fantastic time at Anneliese Bates altered scrapbook workshop on Saturday. Anneliese is so creative and full of enthusiasm, it's contagious! I know several of the ladies have been continuing to work on their altered scrapbooks, me included. Here are my efforts. My book is about my ancestors, a subject very meaningful for me. I want it to sit on the coffee table and be perused by the family, so they can get to know and love their family who have passed on. As many of you know, I am a Mormon. My faith means a great deal to me, and I believe that we will be reunited with our families in heaven some day. That is why I want to know and honour them. That is why scrapbooking as we know it began in the 1970's in Utah. Mormons who had done their family trees wanted to be able to present the information in a creative way, preserving the photos and memorabilia for future generations to enjoy. That is also why there are so many Mormons in the scrapbooking industry - Heidi Swapp, Teresa Collins, Lisa Bearnson (founder of Creating Keepsakes), Rusty Pickle owners, Creative Memories, and others. So now you know :-)

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

Love what you've done so far .. glad you enjoyed the workshop :o) x