{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Saturday 16 August 2008

They've flown!

It's official- we are empty nesters! I have felt incredible swings of emotions as my 'babies' finally flew the nest. We helped Nick move to his house in Telford today. I am so happy for him, but as he went out of the front door for the last time as a 'resident' the tears came. I'm fine now, but we have had such good times and been such a happy family, the changes are sure to take a bit of getting used to. They have wonderful partners and are doing just what we hoped for them. But ugh! It's so sad too!!!! If you still have children at home- enjoy every minute! There is never a minute wasted that is spent with your family. I asked Nick when he would be coming over to visit and he said "tomorrow of course- it's the football!" I could learn to love football.
Anyway, I'm sorting out the scrap room, and discovering great stash that I never knew I had. I have to tell you (modestly) it's looking good in there! i will post pics when it's finished.

No comments: