{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Tuesday 28 October 2008

New Traditions

Now we are a little family of 2 at home, we have decided its time to start some new traditions. For example, the first Monday night in December was always family night to decorate the Christmas tree. Each person took it in turns to place a decoration on the tree and say something they were grateful for. It was great when the kids were small, but hard work in the last few years! Now with just Kevin and I, we will have to do things differently. I'm thinking maybe decorating the tree followed by candlelit dinner. Anyhow, traditions are not just about Christmas. Anything that we do regularly can be a tradition, and I have found them to bring reassurance, comfort and fun to our lives:-) I have found this fab web site that is about simplifying (something else I am trying hard to do) and it has tons of ideas for fun traditions. How about an annual spaghetti western night, with spaghetti of course! And I loved the 'eat your weight in chocolate day' ha ha! Have a look, I bet there's something you would like to try!
http://www.onsimplicity.net/

No comments: