{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Friday 9 January 2009

Else and Walley, a tribute!

I used a piece of canvas as my base, which I swiped with Ranger distress ink and blended with a foam brush dipped in water. It gives a nice aged effect. I used a lace edged damask doiley which glued on fine with PVA. I photocopied some flower cigarette cards as an embellishment and hand wrote the text that stood out to me "Don't forget me, will you?" I stitched some old buttons on to make a bunch of 'flowers'. To give it a more aged feel, I ruffed up the edges. That was fun! I loved doing this piece, its great when you feel totally free to just play with your creativity.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How cute! You are so creative! And I love old postcards too. I'd love to collect old portraits, but John says we have enough pictures of our own ancestors to hang on the walls without bringing strangers home!