{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Fabric flowers




I've loved making these flowers! My idea was to make paper flowers, and I did some, but moved on to fabric and couldn't stop! I roughly cut out the flowers, stitched 3 or 4 graduating sized flowers together by sewing a button on the top, dipped them in fabric stiffener (you can make your own by mixing pva and water half and half) and then shaped them whilst drying with a heat gun. You need to seperate the layers a bit and scrunch it all up! I held the petals in the shape I wanted by using a pricking tool or scissors and dried it till it kept its shape. If you try it, don't get the heat gun too close- there is a risk it will catch fire:( Add a bit of Ranger Stickles around the edge, and a little ink if you like and it's done. Let me know how it goes.

No comments: