{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Friday 26 June 2009

Holidays and homes


I'm back from a week in a country cottage in Devon. We had amazing weather, and it was great to be with all the family. I am pretty exhausted now- and getting in some recovery time today! Having lived in a country cottage with beams etc, I have decided I no longer want one.It's been a dream of mine for many years, but it didn't live up to the expectation. This is a relief for me (and for Kevin who never really wanted to move) because I feel like I can really get on with making our home how I want it to be. After dark rooms and low doorways it felt good to be back to light and airy rooms with no stooping necessary and no damp!! So, while I've been relaxing today I found some fab blogs. LOVE this one www.romantichome.blogspot.com . I stole the photo from there, and this is the look I'm going for. OK, it will be a long term project :) But I'm excited to finaly commit myself to this house for good and I'm ready to invest some time and creative energy in to it. I have never been great at home decor- don't know why, but I am going to think of each room like a giant scrapbook page! We'll see what happens.

No comments: