{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Thursday 19 August 2010

Waxworks


I just finished decorating this box in my scrap room. Click on the picture for a close up. I brushed a layer of melted wax over it first, to make a base. I then dipped various collage pieces in melted wax and laid them on the base. In a few areas I built up the wax a little deeper, used my heat gun to soften it, and pressed stamps into it for a few seconds. I then used gold metallic rub ons and buffed it up. I also added a little perfect pearls to give some dimension. That is what I like best, the depth of the effects, and the layers with peeps of colour and pictures showing through. The top drawer I collaged a photo and scrunched up tissue paper in to the wax. Interestingly, the photo dipped into hot wax suffered no ill effects :D I thought it might soak up too much wax, or be difficult to work with but it was fine. So much fun to do!

No comments: