{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Experimenting with wax


I am having a blast experimenting with the melt pot and beeswax. The picture above isn't mine, it's taken from a google search on beeswax collage. Not sure who the artist is. You know how I love beeswax! I've done 2 layouts as samples for the September crop class. Think vintage, think blue, gold and grey, you can even think sand and sea. Bring with you either a sea side photo or an old vintage style photo. Black and white would work well too, any theme. I love it when my scrap room is littered with brushes, glues, fibres and papers. It means I'm in creative mode. There are some interesting videos on the Ranger web site that give some inspiration about using wax. Oooohhh just the thought gets me excited! Everything will be provided for the class, but if you want to bring any of the following it will save you having to wait for things:
clear stamps, heat gun, non-stick craft mat, blue acrylic paint, natural sponge, clear or white embossing powder, brown distress ink pad, stickles.

No comments: