{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Friday 14 November 2008

NEC Hobbycrafts


I have had a fab morning exploring at the NEC. My amazing hubby drove me there so I could save my energy for shopping : ) I managed to spend a fair bit. Good thing its only on twice a year! My fave find was this inkssentials white pen by Ranger. It looked so good I got 2! So far, it seems to write in bright white, very opaque. That will be perfect for doodling. I heard you can use it on lots of different surfaces, including Fimo before its baked. I also got a flexible mould of keys and locks for friendly plastic, fimo etc. Can't wait to try it. The guy I watched doing the demo heated the friendly plastic and rolled it in to a sausage shape, then pressed it into the mould and let it cool for 30 seconds. He then took it out, dabbed some ink from his gold leafing pen onto his non stick craft sheet and used ranger foam to pick it up. He wiped it over the key and it looked really good. He then used some alcohol inks to distress it. He should win the prize for using the most products in one demo!!! I would have had to have them all, but thankfully I already had most of them : ) Hobby Horse crafts was another favourite, with all the very up to date stash and lots and lots of gorgeous projects on display. Rachel web site is http://www.hobbyhorsecrafts.co.uk/ and if ever you get a chance to visit its so worth it! Is a tiny shop, packed with goodies. The other product I am loving right now is the Heidi Swapp butterfly mirrors. I bought some from Jules at the last crop and used them all, so had to get some more today! Hopefully she will have more at the next crop. Check out Jules blog http://www.capturelifecreateart.blogspot.com/

No comments: