{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Wednesday 18 February 2009

Fun Creating


I'm having a blast experimenting with fabrics. Click on the picture for a much more detailed view. It's Carol and Karen's fault!!! They brought me an article from 'Stitch' magazine, feb/march issue which really inspired me (thanks girls:) So this is what I have made. It is made up of layers of cotton interlining that has been soaked in pva/water mixture, vilene, bondaweb and tissue paper. I stitched the cord in wavy lines (I knew I wouldn't manage straight ones!!), stitched on some silk flowers, painted it all in Gesso and then decorated it with various paint effects. I have bought some canvas and I am imagining all kinds of possibilities for making pages inside this cover. I will post when it's finished.

No comments: