{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Wednesday 25 February 2009

Stampbord




I've been looking at stampbord for a while, but thought it was pretty expensive for what it is. (About £9 a pack of 30 1" x 2" pieces) I called in to a craft shop recently and they had a display of some stampbord pieces, so then I just had to get some to try. These little pieces of what looks like MDF are actually clay covered with a slightly porus but very smooth white surface. The image produced when you stamp on them is so clean and crystal clear- I'm hooked! You can also scratch into it if you want to emphasise any of the lines. You can use practicly anything to decorate the pieces, including acrylic paint, any ink, even alcohol inks, felts, crayons, etc etc. The 'Dance' canvas was embellished with stampbord pieces that I have been experimenting with. I will do this as a demo at the next crop. The little pendant was stamped and coloured in with ordinary felt pens, then glazed with glossy acents.
The stampbord on the tin is just stamped with black staz on. So easy but effective.

No comments: