{Go confidently in the direction of your dreams }

Sunday 22 March 2009

Mum


On this mothers day I want to pay tribute to my wonderful mum. I know how blessed I am to have a mum still with me, as many of my friends do not. My mum and I have always been close. She has a heart of gold. If I asked her for £10000 tomorrow, she would get it, even if she had to sell her house to give it to me. She often says she would cut off her right arm for my sister and I. We always laugh and say that probably wouldn't help, but we know what she means. She typifies to me what a mothers love should be; selfless, unconditional, and never ending. She worries so much about her family, too much really. But we know that all she wants out of life is to see her kids and grandkids happy. We are mum. Thanks so much for loving us the way you do!
I have had a fabulous day today. My daughter Becky gave a brilliant talk at church about strengthening families. She spoke with the wisdom of a much older woman. She said that I was her best friend. That means so much to me! I feel the same about her.Then both the boys came over with my lovely daughters-in-law and grandchildren. We went to the park and I had a nice dinner cooked for me. I have a family who love me and love each other and look out for eachother. I really can't ask for any more from life. I am a blessed woman. There! It may be very cheesy, but it needed to be said! We all have mothers, even if they are no longer physically with us. I hope your day has been filled with good things and pleasant memories of your mothers.

No comments: